Equitation and pony drivers can raise funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or the participant's selected charity. Learn more here.
From the USEF Hackney Committee
Lexington, KY - The USEF Hackney Committee has selected the six competitions at which heel measurements will be required of Roadster Pony and Hackney Roadster Pony Championship classes as defined by USEF Hackney and Roadster Division rules. The mandatory heel measurements will be taken from the first-place and fourth-place ponies in the following competitions in 2013:
* Bonnie Blue National - Lexington, VA (May 8-11)
* Midwest Charity - Springfield, IL (June 11-15)
* Lexington Junior League - Lexington, KY (July 8-13)
* Kentucky State Fair - Louisville, KY (August 18-24)
* All American Horse Classic - Indianapolis, IN (September 3-7)
* UPHA/American Royal National Championship - Kansas City, MO (November 12-16)
If you exhibit, own, or train Roadster or Hackney Roadster ponies, please review USEF rules HK133.4 and RD114.2 for further information about the requirement. These sections of the USEF Rule Book can be found online at the following links:
Information regarding the conduct of these measurements will be sent to managers and stewards prior to their respective competitions.
Please direct any questions regarding these USEF rules, or regarding the competitions selected in 2013, to Jennifer Mellenkamp, USEF Director National Breed/Discipline
Affiliates, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (859) 225-6955.
FEB. 5th UDPATE - Read the latest 2013 FUTURITY INFORMATION LETTER
The Board of Directors had voted to move the National Breeder’s Futurity (NBF) and make significant changes to the program in October. The NBF has been one of the cornerstone programs of the American Hackney Horse Society since 1973. The location of NBF has been the Ohio State Fair since 1994, the Board of Directors felt a change in location would benefit the program and entertained two excellent proposals for a new location. The proposal from the All-American Horse Classic held in Indianapolis, Indiana was accepted December 19, 2012. Below are elements of the proposal and changes that were made to the program. The American Hackney Horse Society would like to thank the Ohio State Fair for its contributions and commitment to the National Breeder’s Futurity during the years it hosted this important program.
The approved proposal with the All-American Horse Classic contains the following:
- AAHC will add six hand classes and five performance classes, a total 11 classes to accommodate the NBF.
- Provide a separate judge for the NBF and the Hoosier Hackney Futurity (HHF)
- Promote the NBF through press releases and e-mail blasts.
- Provide special stall rate for weanling, yearling and two year old entries of $75. (Regular rate $115).
- This is a five year contract (2013-2017) with option to renew.
In addition to the AAHC proposal a group of “Friends of the Hackney Futurity” (not associated with AAHC) has organized and committed to contribute a minimum of $10,000 for a minimum of three years to the NBF.
The Board of Directors has also approved a buy-in provision for three years. This will allow anyone who has not nominated in the program to participate by paying past fees and a penalty amount. More details will be provided in the future.
NOW IS THE TIME TO GET ON BOARD !!!!!!
Any questions or comments can be directed NBF committee members: